Sunday, September 07, 2008

remembering

 
...so, 13 years ago today I was in the hospital, still waiting for the dr to get off work to come in and check on me after a boring day of laying in the hospital. my mom was there and my sis, but dh was still at work.
I'd been leaking water for 3 days by now (though told it was 'only discharge', even though I had to walk around with a beach towel between my legs) and was more than ready to pop this HUGE kid out. he'd not arrive until about 3 a.m. for me, after some hard pitocin and 2 shots of demoral and the threatening of the on-call doc to use vacuum or forceps to help get him out because of his size. with my hubby's urgent "get this kid out NOW" whispered into my ear, I gathered my strength, cleared out the haze and gave it everything I had to get his big ol' head through and push him into the world. I was nearly tore in two, along with a wonderful ( ) episiotomy, but my 10 lb, 22.5" first son joined us in the wee hours of the morning on September 8, 1995.
and so our parenting journey began...

No comments: