Sunday, October 08, 2006

I wanna be like...

just got babe down for the night and thought I'd post and do some journaling in the kids written journals.
had a good day, it was gorgeous out there again, clear blue skies! dh and Canaan mowed the yard for probably the last time this year. dh brought in all the kids clothes tubs for me and I went through everything. everything. wow. everything. I've got a whole huge pile of clothes that I'm going to let my neighbor go through and whatever she doesnt want, I'm taking to the homeschool meeting on tuesday night for a free for all on who wants it! 99% of course is the boys clothes. amazing that C has more clothes than I do! I made him pick 7 pair of jeans and 3 khakis to keep, the rest are being dished out elsewhere! took out everything 4T and under from the boys stuff (kept one pair of nice 3T pants for Garrett and of course the fleece footed sleepers they always pass down. so tired of holding on to stuff for years! ugh!! made a HUGE difference on what's being repacked too of the summer stuff!
Katlyn still has to go through the shelf that has all her pants/jeans on it cause she claims she has next to no pants/jeans that fit, so tomorrow we will see. there's a mighty big pile o' jeans on that there shelf for her to have 'none'!

so doing that took up pretty much ALL of my afternoon, not to mention I washed two loads of what we kept to make sure there were no critters in them. waiting for the 2nd load to dry now (got some overalls in there obviously cause its noisy!)

Garrett finished his pears happily tonight so I let him try some sweet taters.
...
that was his reaction. :
so I'll let him try a bit tomorrow to see if it goes over any better, if not, I'll be freezing what we have left for later. and get some more fruits.

I do think we're in the midst of teething grouchiness now. the tops of his lower gums are starting to push upwards. *sigh* he doesnt mind me looking around there at all either, strange kid LOL! he's got a white area that has consistently stayed where it is, but its over where his left canine/2nd incisor would be, so I'm guessing its nothing. though Gavin did get his top canines before his top 2nd incisors so he looked like a little vampire for a while. I'm thinking that Garrett's teeth wont erupt before 4 months though. his gums arent red yet. we'll see how much I've learned over the years.

(thank goodness, the dryer shut off!)

Garrett was up once last night at 4:15 and back to bed by 5 (I almost fell asleep in the recliner LOL) then up just after 7. he was tired today and took a good nap by 3 this afternoon. I probably should have given him a teething tablet before putting him down....

thanks for all the pic love! I get cracked up at that pic of hunter. gosh that is SUCH a classic 'uh oh' look on him!! LOL!! I felt bad for him today after sunday school cause he was upset that he didnt get the quiet seat prize. I told him I was proud of him anyway and that he did a great job! (that helped but man...) and he's wearing one of daddy's hats too. he and gavin are on a 'I want to be just like daddy' kick, so he and gav both have a daddy hat to wear. (they were even sticking a pencil behind their ears yesterday while dh was working on the mailbox LOL!!)


No comments: