Sunday, October 22, 2006

catching up!

sorry, I've missed some updates, so here are a few dated ones:

10-18-06
do want to post a funny I keep forgetting to tell about. G2 gets SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited when its eating time (nursing). he's kicking, squirming. grabbing at everything in front of him (namely my shirt/bra/boobs/etc ) and snorting, puffing, grunting like a little wild pig!
cracks me up every time!!


.............................

its been a good day, just gorgeous outside! course tomorrow will be back to the norm. *boo!* my mom watched the kids while I took Garrett and Canaan for their checks. we stopped at BK beforehand for lunch.
G showed off his raspberry skills to the staff there. constantly! everybody got a good pppppppbbbbbbbbbbtttt!!!!! LOL!! the nurse had to chase his head down 5 times to get his measure and he totally destroyed the crinkly paper on the table cause he loved the sound it made so much! when the dr was trying to check his lungs from the back, she was holding him and he was going everywhere! she said "boy, he doesnt like to be still, does he?"
he was very ticked off at his 4 shots, but quickly calmed when he started being fed again. (I think he was more upset at being interupted while eating LOL)
Canaan did well too. he had to get 2 shots today cause the health dept never noted on his shot record if he got his last MMR, so he got that and his tetnus booster.
Canaan is 129 lbs and 5'2" (only 3" shorter than me now! *eek!!*). she said he's perfectly proportioned in weight/height. he's over the 97% in both, just as he's always been. at least he's consistent. the dr liked that he was able to answer all the questions readily, like give lists of subjects he likes and stuff. he even told her how I limit their tv and video game time. she's positive that he'll out grow me during this year as well. *sniff* I used to joke that he'd do it at 10 yrs old, so I wasn't off but a year. still...*double sniff!*
Garrett the wiggly worm was 17.15 lbs (just couldnt break that 18 mark ) and 27", HC is 17". he's got a small head for his size. hopefully it'll all even up for him later. LOL! said he looks perfect and definitely had no mobility problems

after the dr, I took us through McDs to get C a milkshake and me a cone as a treat. and we took the backroads home cause as we came down, seen the interstate was backed up more than 4 miles due to repaving. so we went backroads and hit the city park in Springfield. awesome place! they have like 200 ducks there! LOL! great play equipment too. and yes, I got pics! hehe! we stayed there for probably an hour and a half, then headed to my moms where we stayed til about 6 or after.
the kids had played outside and been down to the creek with my mom too.

we had leftovers/hot dogs and soups for dinner. good thing cause I had no feeling to cook at all! we watched the playoffs again and CSI.

Garrett was fussy getting down (its taken me forever to get this done!) but hopefully he'll do well tonight. I know his legs are tender, but I gave him some more tylenol before bed.


all pics here are clickable to make them larger.

in the dr office, both waiting to get a check up.


checking his ears and eyes


his 2nd shot


at the park, wishing we had some bread to feed the ducks!


swinging and playing!


cool zip-line they had. even I got in on that one! hehe!


10-19-06

I was going to comment that his spitting up had greatly improved since the beginning of the month, which it has, but of course since yesterday he's spit up all over the place. LOL! figures! oh well.
watching him 'airplane' on the floor now and push himself backwards. Canaan thinks the airplaning is funny cause he thinks he's like superman.



No comments: