Saturday, September 27, 2008

weekend update

ok, going to try to do my update while I got a sec. following my notes, so if it sounds jumbled, sorry! LOL!
first off, dh's teeth are doing really well (or non-teeth actually). the two molars came out really easy and he got 9 stitches to pull the gums together. he's already wanting to get them out (which will be done Tuesday morning before he goes to the doc for a reevaluation).
Thursday night (see, I don't know how long its been since I updated LOL) Gavin's
team won their game! it moved them to the finals which were played this morning!
Friday night C and K's team won their game as well! Their playoff game is on Monday evening. I hope they pull it off!
Thursday night, K came to us asking if one of her bus friends could stay the night. uh, never met this girl for one thing! plus with how hectic the weekend was going to be, not a good time to do it! well we said 'yes' at first, cause of being put on the spot (which I wasn't happy about), but then said no just cause of what all was going on. if she stayed I'd not be able to go to the game of
C and K's cause we'd not have room in the truck. :P well, the little girl ended up coming home with her Friday afternoon! argh!
now, for one thing- her parents have never met us, we've never met them. WHO sends their 10 (or so) YO kid off to someone they've never even met? I mean come on people!! that just wierds me out cause its something I'd not do!
well, dh made K tell her she couldn't stay that night, so she called her mom to pick her up. she lives about 2 miles on down the road, so no big deal. we finally get to meet her mom (and little brother) then and explained everything (hate sounding like the bad parents LOL) and she was totally cool with it. we told her and K that they can plan for another night, just give us more notice!
Friday, dh says he wants to go to the city. FIL wants us to drop a payment off for him anyway, so we decided to hit Sams as well while we're up there. now, yesterday was my total FLOP day as far as my WL goes! geez, I think I drank DP all day! totally not good for losing weight! LOL! my only saving grace was the walking we did around the mall and sams that day!
I found some awesome deals at the mall! some more 'clear out the summer stuff' sales going on! for the boys I got 3 Mario t-shirts for $5 each (SO hard to find!!) and a rock-n-roll tee for C $5. for Sarina, I found a sundress w/ bloomers for .99, a snap bottom shirt for .99 (both of those for next summer), an aqua miniskirt for .50 and a pair of pink cotton pants .50, both for now! (got pics of those to share). also found a pair of korker type bows from gymbo for 2.50.
and found myself a shirt for 1.50. like I said, awesome deals!!

one thing about Friday was that Garrett went potty for us the whole day!!!!! we're so proud of him! at sams we made at least 4 trips to the potty, even once for a poop!!!  he's done wonderfully! not that he doesn't go in his pull-ups at all, but one PU will last us all day now!

so like I said, Friday night we all got to go to the game, it was a gorgeous night for it too! they won and we went to have pizza hut afterwards with my mom and Sdad. K went home with them afterwards and we dropped C off at one of his friend's house for a bday sleep over and we brought the other kiddos home.
about as soon as we got home we had to get the kids showered and in the bed cause Gavin's game was at 8 this morning. thankfully Sarina slept well for me last night (the night before she was very restless- I think because we had all the windows up and she got to chilly). last night though she went to bed at 9 and didn't wake till after 4 am!
it was chilly this morning, but not as bad as we thought it'd be. Gavin's team didn't win today though, so they got 2nd place out of 7 teams, still great!! after the trophies were given out, he happily told me "its my first real trophy momma!!!" 
 so happy for him! (got pics of that too)
cool thing, while at the trophies, I seen a guy I graduated with. I knew he was in town, just hadn't seen him in years- like since K was a baby! I heard a kid called for a trophy w/ his last name and started looking around for him. he's not changed much at all! after the trophies I went up to him to say hi (didn't know if he'd remember me) but he did! said I was always a sweet girl that was always nice to everyone and with a great personality. *blush* made me feel good to be memorable when I wasn't one of the 'in crowd' KWIM?
so we yakked for a bit and he took me over to see his family and littlest one (a girl about Garrett's age). met his wife... and I don't think she was too impressed with meeting me. I'm thinking she has a jealous streak over David I guess, she never smiled at me. oops! LOL!
so after trophies, Gavin's coach wanted to take all the kids to McDs for happy meals and ice cream-a huge hit! LOL!! so guess where we had lunch. yeah, another great day for me losing weight. LMBO! the kids had fun though so its all worth it.
after that we hit a few yard sales. dh found him a radial saw for $80 which is something he's been drooling over for YEARS but could never afford them (they run $300 and up easy) so I was happy that he finally got himself that. he'll be out there cutting wood even more often now. LOL!!
oh, the place we got the saw from, they were selling their house as well. he told us to take a peek through since H and Garrett had to go potty. very nice house, though not overly "DONT TOUCH" KWIM? 5 bdrms, 4 bath and 2 kitchens! 3 story with a full finished basement on 18 acres. yeah, I'd love me some of that! LOL!! but at the price it totally wasn't/isn't happening! $550,000!!! yikes!!! oh well. nice to look at anyway.
oh, I got me a free blender at a yard sale! woo!

K and C are at church since this afternoon. They're having a youth rally with games, music and all sorts of stuff. They're still not home yet.
in baby news, Sarina totally freaked me out last night by getting up on her hands/knees and ROCKING! I said "girlfriend you better quit that!!" LMBO!! I don't think she'll crawl till at the least 6 months though, but dang, she went from just rolling/playing all over the floor and pushing herself forward with her feet only or pushing backwards with her arms to doing that all of a sudden. eek! stop it baby! LOL!
oh, and dh and I came up with a new nickname for her today. after picking a tomato that was a bit light, I said, "that's the same color as her hair" ... so guess what we said?
'Mater! *ROFLMBO* I told dh that's a great reason to be mad at ones parents! LMBO!!!
 

No comments: